Can I receive a copy of any type of record?

No, under state law certain records are not available. Examples of records that are not available include: 

  • Accidents or incidents involving criminal charges which may result in incarceration and have not been adjudicated
  • Accidents or incidents which are still under investigation
  • Records that are expressly prohibited from disclosure to the public by statute
  • Arrest records

You may acquire a copy of your record from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Criminal History System's Board. Forms for such a request are available at the Orleans Police Department, or information may be obtained via the website.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a copy of a record?
2. Can I receive a copy of any type of record?
3. What is the cost of a record?
4. How long will it take to obtain the record?
5. How do I obtain copies of photographs?