Construction Schedule Update on Orleans, MA Wastewater Infrastructure Project Two-Week Look Ahead Starting March 14, 2022
Every week the construction contractors for Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal, Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, Inc. and Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations, Robert B. Our Co., Inc. provide a “two-week look ahead” that summarizes anticipated construction activity in the planned project area.
Contract No. 2019-01 – Downtown Area Wastewater Treatment Facility and Effluent Disposal
During the next two weeks, construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- 29 Overland Way: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Bay Ridge Lane. Work includes installing drainage, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and process piping and equipment.
- 32 Lots Hollow Road: Expect construction traffic and equipment to be entering and exiting at Lots Hollow Road. Work includes installing wick wells.
Contract No. 2019-02 – Downtown Area Collection System and Pumping Stations Area
During the next two weeks construction crews and detours are scheduled to be at the following locations:
- Main Line Crew 1: Canal Road toward the Orleans Route 6A/Route 6 rotary installing gravity sewer.
- Main Line Crew 2: Canal Road installing water mains across the bike path. The following week Crew 2 will be installing sewer stubs and services on Canal Road.
- Paving Crews: Paving of town roads is now expected to begin starting April 1, 2022. See below for list of town roads to be paved this spring.
- Main Street
- Locust Street
- Cedar Pond Lane
- Liberty Lane
- Jones Road
- Canal Road (Route 6 to Locust)
- Traffic Delays/Detours (See detour plans on the “Construction Activities and Detours” webpage):
- Canal Road toward the Orleans Route 6A/Route Rotary weekdays from 7AM to 4PM. Roads will be closed to through traffic, but access will be allowed to residents and local businesses. Detail officers will be on site for guidance.
The plans, system map and additional information are available on the Town’s website.
For questions please contact: Martin “Reggie” Donoghue, P.E.:
Please note that this is a projected schedule and is subject to adjustment based on the Contractor’s actual progress and the weather. On an as needed basis auxiliary crews will be performing pipe and manhole testing, interior manhole work, raising manhole covers in preparation for paving, paving and performing general cleanup at various locations throughout the project area.