- Council on Aging / Senior Center
- Friends of Orleans Council on Aging
Friends of Orleans Council on Aging
- Carol Hackett, President
- Mary Sullivan, Treasurer
- Barbara O’Connor, Secretary
- Bonnie Engelhardt
- Nancy Noble
- Charlotte McCully, Liaison to COA Board
- Claire Gradone
Friends of the Orleans Council on Aging
Post Office Box 404
Orleans, MA 02653
The Friends of the Orleans Council on Aging (FOCOA) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to assist and support the Orleans Senior Center and Council on Aging with its mission to enhance the quality of life for older adults and caregivers in our community.
July 2021-July 2022 Annual Report
Although the Friends’ main mission is to raise funds for Orleans Seniors, our goals encompass much more as we also focus on helping to build a sense of community through our support of its many important programs and activities. The Friends have made major contributions over the past year to the Senior Center through programming and funding aimed at helping seniors pursue active, healthy and interesting lifestyles.
The generous donations received from our members in response to our Annual Appeal have a definite positive impact on the lives of our Orleans senior residents by enabling us to help provide the following programs and services:
- Purchase of emergency food and household items to seniors in need due to Covid, power outages and other emergencies.
- Sponsorship of fresh fish for lunch at “Friends Fish Fridays”
- The purchase of items for annual holiday gift bags for isolated seniors
- Sponsorship of the “Lunch and Listen” program
- Postage for The Tidings Bulletin
- Funds for the Orleans Police Department for “Project Lifesaver” for GPS trackers
- Support for vehicle maintenance for our vans
- Purchase of supermarket gift cards to be distributed at the staff’s discretion to those in need
- Supplement Healthy Meals in Motion homecare products
- Purchase new furniture for the Respite Program
All of these accomplishments were possible only through the financial support of all of the members of the Friends and we extend our sincere and heartfelt thanks for your generous contributions.
A special thanks to the incredible staff at the Senior Center. We look forward to working with you all in the coming year.
The Friends of the Orleans Council on Aging (FOCOA) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to assist and support the Orleans Council on Aging with its mission to enhance the quality of life for older adults and caregivers in our community.