The Fiscal Year 2022 tax rate is $7.20 per $1,000 of assessed value.
Welcome to the Town of Orleans Assessing site! We've designed these pages with the goal of making as much information as possible regarding our duties available to you in an easily digested form.
Your Assessing office is charged with the following duties:
- Valuing all real and personal property situated in Orleans as of January 1st
- Administering the motor vehicle and boat excise taxes
- Administering all statutory and discretionary tax exemption programs
- Serving as a U.S. Passport Acceptance facility
Curious what your property's assessment is? Visit the town's online assessment database. Also, you can view the previous 5 years' worth of assessments.
Want to know what properties have sold in town? View the last 15 years' worth of property sales, offered in PDF and Excel formats.
If you're interested in seeing town maps, we encourage you to visit our Online GIS page and tinker around with the different layers; there's a wealth of information to be had. If you'd like to view the most recent set of cadastral tax maps for Orleans, view the Tax Map Book (PDF).
Assessments &Taxes in Orleans
- Average Residential Assessed Value (Fiscal Year 2022): $820,500
- Average Residential Tax Bill (Fiscal Year 2022): $5,907
- Median Household Income, established (2020): $77,273 ($7,000 below state median)
Please visit the Assessment Reports page to view our data sets and read the full reports.